Would like to testdrive a Golf R, but impossible to find one

Bespreek hier alles met betrekking tot de GOLF R in alle uitvoeringen.
Plaats reactie
AbtGti2010
Type auto: Golf MK6 GTI

Would like to testdrive a Golf R, but impossible to find one

Bericht door AbtGti2010 »

As said above i am looking for a Golf R to make a short testdrive but it seams more or less impossible to find any dealer who is willing to provide this service unless you hand them a pile of money first :s . Seams like they believe the golf R is made from platinum or so :s , its not like it is a ferrari or porsche.
I am curious to feel if theres much difference between my 260pk Gti and the 270pk Golf R, just 10pk difference and the R is heavier.
I am moving back to sweden as i have written in another topic and my 2010 gti will most likely be sold to a dealer here before i move.
Is there any member in here who would be willing to go for a short drive with me? I live close to alphen aan den rijn.

Or does anyone have any other idea?

Mvg Magnus
Golf VI GTI Adidas
Type auto: Golf 6 GTI Adidas

Re: Would like to testdrive a Golf R, but impossible to find

Bericht door Golf VI GTI Adidas »

If I were you, I would contact the main importer of Volkswagen in the Netherlands, which is located in Leusden under the name of Pon Volkswagen. In Leusden you will have a much bigger chance that they will let you test drive the car, since most likely they will have one in stock that can be used by potential customers.
I have never heard of any dealer asking money from people for a test drive in ANY car, let alone a Golf R. To me, it sounds quite rediculous... Trying another dealer could therefore also be a suggestion...
Finally, I think the biggest change for you will be the four wheel drive system of the R, you'll simply have much more grip when taking off and driving on winding roads. Futhermore, the R has slightly more turbo-lag than the GTI which picks up earlier due to the smaller turbo....

Good luck!
Golf VI GTI DSG DCC Adidas Edition - JD Chip op Maat/Lege Kat/Carbonio --> 298Pk en 425 Nm
AbtGti2010
Type auto: Golf MK6 GTI

Bericht door AbtGti2010 »

Golf VI GTI Adidas schreef:If I were you, I would contact the main importer of Volkswagen in the Netherlands, which is located in Leusden under the name of Pon Volkswagen. In Leusden you will have a much bigger chance that they will let you test drive the car, since most likely they will have one in stock that can be used by potential customers.
I have never heard of any dealer asking money from people for a test drive in ANY car, let alone a Golf R. To me, it sounds quite rediculous... Trying another dealer could therefore also be a suggestion...
Finally, I think the biggest change for you will be the four wheel drive system of the R, you'll simply have much more grip when taking off and driving on winding roads. Futhermore, the R has slightly more turbo-lag than the GTI which picks up earlier due to the smaller turbo....

Good luck!
I will check with leusden, hopefully they have something standing.
And it is really true about them more or less wanting to have the contract written before a testdrive. Problem is they say that there are so many young snotnoses that wants to just testdrive the fastest golf for the fun of it.
But i am abit over 40 and definitly no snotnose :P .
Time to see if i have more luck with the importer.
Thanx!
Green Hornet
Type auto: Audi S3 Limousine

Bericht door Green Hornet »

Contact Pon Dealer, also Leusden. A dealer needs to pay for your testdrive ...
I did it twice before i bought my R.
Audi S3 Limousine JDE Powered 523pk - 615nm
TTE 525R | HGP DSG | LOBA HPFP | Full Milltek Turbo Back Exhaust | Wagner Intercooler | VWR 600 Intake | VWR 6 Piston BBK | Eibach Pro

Golf R DSG 378pk/500nm M.I.A. (16-04-2014)
"Money won't buy you happiness, but it will pay for the search"
jeffrey010

Bericht door jeffrey010 »

zeer waarschijnlijk ben je je auto kwijt als je hem laat testen..
Dus niet geloven dit soort mensen
bzb

Bericht door bzb »

Deze was wel betrouwbaar op zich
MkVI Nmgn
Type auto: Golf7R

Bericht door MkVI Nmgn »

Ik heb zijn auto gekocht :-)
Groetjes Tonnie
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Golf VI GTI Adidas
Type auto: Golf 6 GTI Adidas

Bericht door Golf VI GTI Adidas »

Die is al lang met de noorderzon vertrokken.... Letterlijk :)
Golf VI GTI DSG DCC Adidas Edition - JD Chip op Maat/Lege Kat/Carbonio --> 298Pk en 425 Nm
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “GOLF "R"”